Version 1.3 | Effective 16 September 2022
At Altra, your privacy is very important to us. We respect your rights to privacy, and we are absolutely committed to protecting your personal information. We want to be transparent with you about the types of personal information we collect and hold, how that information is used and with whom we share the information.
This policy explains all of this to you and how you can contact us if you have any queries or concerns about this policy and/or your privacy.
References in this policy to:
“Altra” refers to LAB3 Pty Ltd (ACN 619 934 548) and all its related entities
“we”, “us” or “our” refers to Altra
“websites” refers to www.altra.cloud
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The type of personal information we collect, and hold depends on your relationship with us. For example, if you are a:
Prospective Client or Client:
we may collect and hold information including your name, position title, address, email address, contact telephone number, usernames for platforms and marketplaces accessed by you, areas of interest, information about, or shared during, our dealings with you and any feedback that you provide to us about our products and services.
we may collect and hold information including your name, address, email address, contact telephone number, business records, information about goods and services supplied by you and financial details for payment purposes.
seeking employment with us or a client of ours: we may collect and hold information including your name, address, email address, contact telephone number, gender, age, employment history, background checks, references, resume, medical history, emergency contact, taxation details, qualifications and payment details.
of a candidate being considered for employment by us or one of our clients: we may collect and hold information including your name, contact details, current employment information and professional opinion of a candidate.
Visitor to our websites:
we may ask you to provide us with information that can be used to contact or identify you. This may include your name, position title, email address, contact telephone number and address. We will also collect usage data automatically in accordance with our Cookies Policy.
Visitor to our office:
we may collect and hold information including your name, contact telephone number, time and date of your visit, and the name of the person you are visiting. We may collect your personal information when we operate video and audio surveillance devices in our premises. In addition, we may also collect certain information in relation to your recent travel history, or information about your health (e.g. whether you are currently displaying symptoms of a particular disease, illness or virus).
Also, if you send us an enquiry, submit your details on our websites or provide us with feedback, we will collect your name, contact details and details of your enquiry or feedback.
In addition to the above, we may also collect sensitive information where you consent to the collection of that information and the information is reasonably necessary to carry out a business function or activity. The type of sensitive information that we are most likely to collect includes criminal and security background checks.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We collect your personal information in different ways. We may collect personal information from you directly or through our dealings with you, for example:
- when you provide personal information to us
- when personal information is included in an agreement with us
- when you apply for a position of employment with us
- when you use our websites or platforms
- when you visit our offices
- when you contact us, including by email and via our webpage.
We may also collect information about you from:
- your referees when you apply for a position with Altra
- providers of background and security checks
- third party platforms and marketplaces through which you access our products and services
- people who have referred you or your organisation to us as a prospective client or service provider.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The main purposes for which we collect, hold, and use your personal information are to:
- provide you with products or services that you have requested, including for the performance of any contract you have with us
- respond to your queries or feedback
- maintain contact with you
- verify your identity
- send you newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information related to our products and services. (You can opt out of receiving direct marketing information from us at any time by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in our emails or by contacting us)
- facilitate your participation in forums, social events and educational events
- recruit employees and contractors.
If we are not able to collect personal information about you, we may not be able to provide you with products, services and assistance to the extent that they require us to collect, use or disclose personal information.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use or disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected. We may also use and disclose your personal information for a secondary purpose that is related to a purpose for which we collected it, where you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose your personal information for that secondary purpose.
Other instances when we may use and disclose your personal information include:
- where you have expressly or impliedly consented to the use or disclosure
- in confidence, to our advisers and insurers
- amongst our related bodies corporate
- where the use or disclosure is authorised or required by or under an Australian or New Zealand law or court/tribunal order.
From time to time we deal with third parties, such as service providers, and so may disclose your personal information to third party recipients. For example, we may share your personal information to third parties:
- where required to provide you with products or services that you have requested, including for the performance of any contract you have with us
- who carry out background and security checks
- to improve our services and obtain feedback
- we use in conducting our business, including, Google Analytics (for the purpose of providing web analytics services), and email marketing service providers such as Mailchimp.
CROSS-BORDER DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When we disclose your personal information overseas, we take steps to ensure that the recipient is obliged to protect your personal information in accordance with Australian or New Zealand privacy laws or that the recipient is bound by requirements no less onerous than the Australian or New Zealand privacy laws.
INTEGRITY AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of your personal information is important to us and we take reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure.
However, except to the extent liability cannot be excluded by law, we exclude all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorised access to your personal information. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised access to your personal information.
We will store electronic records within our own secure network and through third party data storage providers. Personal information within our network is password protected and access is appropriately limited.
Our third-party data storage providers are required to protect personal information in accordance with applicable laws and take appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful use of personal information or its accidental loss, destruction, or damage.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to request access to, or to update or correct your personal information held by us. To make a request, please contact us in writing (see our contact details below). We will require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. We may charge a fee for providing access to this information and we may refuse access where the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or Privacy Act 2020 (NZ) allows us to do so.
NOTIFIABLE DATA BREACHES SCHEME
In the event of any loss, unauthorised access or disclosure of your personal information that is likely to result in serious harm to you, we will investigate and notify you and the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner or New Zealand Office of the Privacy Commissioner (as applicable) as soon as practicable, in accordance with applicable laws.
MAKING A COMPLAINT
If you aren’t happy with us, please let us know. We are committed to efficiently and professionally resolving any complaint in relation to your privacy. Please contact the Privacy Officer in writing (contact details below) and provide the following information to support your complaint:
- your name and contact details
- the nature of your complaint, when the issue occurred and any Altra staff that were involved
- copies of any supporting evidence or documents
- details of the resolution you are seeking.
Please also provide any other information in relation to your query, complaint, or issue that you think might be relevant or useful.
THE PRIVACY OFFICER WILL:
- receive and acknowledge the complaint
- seek further information from you if necessary
- thoroughly investigate the complaint
- respond to you with the outcome of the investigation
- provide feedback to the relevant internal stakeholders.
We try to resolve any complaints as quickly and as efficiently as possible, and we aim to respond to complaints within 28 days. If this is not possible, you will be contacted within that time to let you know how long it should take us to respond to your complaint.
If you are dissatisfied with our response to your privacy concerns, a complaint may be lodged with the:
Office of the Australian Information Commission (OAIC) – call 1300 363 992 or use the online privacy complaint form accessible at oaic.gov.au; or
Office of the Privacy Commissioner (New Zealand) – call 0800 803 909 or use the online privacy complaint form accessible at privacy.org.nz.
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
Please direct any privacy issues, complaints, or queries to our Privacy Officer:
Altra, Privacy Officer, Level 7, 473 Bourke Street Melbourne VIC 3000
1300 911 346
Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act Australia)
Privacy Act 2020 (Privacy Act New Zealand)